Thursday, October 2, 2008

One True Love

Woo Hoo!!! This is my first post on our new blog!!!! This is dedicated to my one true love, Amy.(ranking only second to God) I cannot imagine what my life would be like if she had not been given to me when she was. I had been hurt and was determined to either hurt everyone I came in contact with or self destruct, whichever came first. Happiness was a state I don't think that I ever truly knew or even cared to. The ability to not really care about anything or anyone led to, in my opinion, a mild level of depression. I didn't like who I was and knew that other people felt the same way. I cannot even begin to explain how it feels to KNOW people don't like you. I couldn't understand why I felt that no one loved me. I mean come on, even my biological father gave me up because I interfered with his lifestyle and freedom. Being a dad now, I hate what he did and can NEVER understand how he did it. Little did I know what was in store for me at the most unproductive, misguided and loneliest times of my life. Welcome to the Post Amy Era! A smoking (literally, Marlboro reds) little blond that could destroy guys egos and pool swagger with a few fatal strokes of a cue stick. THIS was how God chose to save me??? I guess He really knew what He was doing. I can't begin to list or rehash all the ways that she has helped me become the man I am today. All I know is that without the gift of Amy, I really don't think that I would be anything worthwhile. She has helped me see how God sees me. She exudes love and demands respect and honor. More times than I care to remember, or even believe, I have disrespected and dishonored her. She still somehow loves me. This is how God loves me. He gave me Amy as a tangible, visual example of His grace. I don't deserve it. I'm sitting here now watching my favorite two ladies asleep in the recliner, snoring away. I don't think I will ever know how she does it, but at least I am blessed enough to get to revel in the mystery of this woman's love.

3 comments:

Amy said...

That was such a wonderfully sweet post. You have a lot to be thankful for!

Chrissie said...

WOW! AFter our conversation at Starbucks...there is hope.

JMBMOMMY said...

I wrote a post on marraige and this kind of love that only comes first from the Father yesterday--you two are exactly what it looks like in real life! Praise Him-He is so faithful!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed