Saturday, November 15, 2008

Alahn


Eight years ago, my sister, Jennifer, gave birth to a baby girl that was in EVERY way perfect, beautifully gorgeous, and more than any of us could ever have asked for. From the second Jen told me she was pregnant I was head-over-heels in love with this baby girl. I was in the delivery room when she was born, and it was one of the most emotional days of my life. The night after she was brought home, her mom called me to come babysit so the exhausted parents could leave the house for an hour or two to reclaim partial sanity. I remember lying on their couch with this beautiful little baby who was sleeping face down on my stomach, her head under my chin. She smelled like a newborn baby smells, that sweet mixture of baby lotion and newness, and her breathing was soft and steady. I couldn't believe that she felt safe with me...I was scared to close my eyes or even breathe for fear that she would fall off of me or break a bone...how in love I was with that baby!


Today, eight years later, I'm still infatuated with her. She is the smartest child her age that I know, too smart if you ask her mom or dad...it's hard being the parent of a kid that's so sharp she's usually one step ahead of you! But what I really love is her sense of humor. Nothing is EVER boring around her. She always looks for something to turn into a joke, and has such a quick wit that she keeps everyone on their toes...


For her 8th birthday (on November 8th) I took her out for a girl's night on the town. We got mani/pedis, went clothes shopping, and ended up at Cheeburger Cheeburger. It was a blast! I've been trying to really focus lately on blessings that God has given me. She is one of the biggest blessings in my life, and I thank God for giving her to us!
MANI/PEDI PICS
She was really interested in how they got everything ready...

Alahn soaking her feet...


I'm still not sure what she thought about the massage...

She picked neon green polish "because it matches Mommy's eyes..."


3 comments:

Unknown said...

HOW SWEET is that! She is so lucky to have such an awesome aunt! I miss you! I'm glad tomorrow is Sunday so I get to see you! Love ya!

Babymakes3forthesullivans! said...

Amy, you are so awesome! I remember that feeling of being so in love with a little one when Aimee was born almost 7 yrs ago. I remember thinking there was no way in the world I would ever be able to love someone else as much as I love her! It's great they grow up but kind of sad in a way too. Glad you girls had a good time!!

Cheryl said...

you are always so thoughtful, amy! alahn will cherish those sweet words from her aunt amy forever.... i hope you printed this out for her to save and read during those hard teenage years! =) so glad we got to visit tonight!!!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed