Tuesday, January 27, 2009

More Josh

Tonight at the dinner table, I sternly and with authority informed Josh that, beginning tonight, once he got up from the table that was it...no more food, for the rest of the night. No more pleading for a last snack before bed (a stall tactic, I know, I see through it). He leaves his entire dinner on his plate at the table because he wants to go play, and then right before bed decides he is THEN hungry.

"This is it, Josh," I warned with as much seriousness as I could put into my voice, "you may not eat again tonight...are you sure you're done?"

I am not exaggerating this next part. Huge tears filled his eyes, and he looked at me with trembling lips. "But Mommy," he said softly, "God MADE us to eat food... He CWEE-ATED the food for us to eat. Dat's what Miss Roof (Mrs. Ruth is what he's trying to say) taught us at church...PWEASE let me eat the food that God made for me to eat, PWEASE!"

I had to get up and leave the table and let his father take over from there.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

so, what happened...pweease tell us!!! olivia also tries that, chad said you are a wuss for bailing!!

Kris-Amy said...

no no no...I didn't bail!!! he got down, and that was it...he didn't eat any more, only drank a glass of milk before bed. he ate a bunch tonight, though!!! ;-)

Cheryl said...

how hilarious....already trying his best to start the guilt trip (and i must say, he is doing an EXCELLENT job of it! I KNOW i could have NEVER come up with THAT good of a reason to get my way later!) what a funny (and stinkin' cute) little boy!!! =)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed